Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Submit yours now!
“Welcome” is the word you will hear most at EMIS. We will be delighted to answer any of your questions and guide you through the application process. Our application is entirely online. Click on the buttons above whether you want to apply for a place, or if you are simply interested in finding out more information. We are always here to help if you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit.
As a boarding school, we know that all children are different and would ideally like to meet you and your child, allow you to experience the school, and get to know you all so that we fully understand your needs. However, we have students from over 40 countries already studying with us, so we know that it isn’t always easy to come and visit the school. This is why we have created a process where you can find out everything you need to know about the school from our website.
Class of 2018 (starting September, 2017) Applicants should:
- Have been born in years 2000 or 2001, currently in 10th or 11th grade upon application. Must be 16 or 17 year old during 2016-2017.
- Be very good students, able to be independent learners and thinkers, and be able to study in English the high-level academic material of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (www.ibo.org) or the
Cambridge IGCSE program (http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and-qualification....
Have good spoken and written English (a strong advantage)
- Have demonstrated significant community involvement or leadership activity
- Be curious, and excited about learning in a different environment; open to new experiences, cultures and people, able to practice tolerance through living and sharing with peers from different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds
When is the due date for the early bird application?
Can someone from 1999 apply to be class of ´18? and what are the age limitations exactly?
Once you have filled in the form, initial consultations and interviews can all be done via Skype or phone, and you can view the facilities and get a feel for the school via our website and BlogEMIS. You are welcome to join our “EMIS applicants 2017” – facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1469527886689180/?fref=ts .
To start your application, please click on the ‘Application for Admission’ tab. This will take you through to our online application form. Once you have completed the application form, you will have access to your personal OpenApply account. You can login to your OpenApply account to track your admission and complete the required checklist items set by the admissions team.
Please note that our application process is on a rolling basis. This means we admit students on a first-come-first-serve basis. Our scholarships are limited and are given on merit as we go along the process. The sooner you apply the higher your chances to be admitted and receive a more significant scholarship.
Please note that you will need the following :
– A legible photocopy of your passport
– A legible photocopy of both parents passports
– 2 recommendation letters –2 recommendation letters - from an academic teachers, they should have known the applicant for more than a year.
– Your previous year’s report card, and by February 2017 this year’s mid-year report card (if not in English, an English translation must be provided)
– Your vaccinations report
– A health form signed by your doctor
– Any other proof of your extracurricular activities
– A registration fee of $50.
You may pay the registration fee via Credit Card or Bank Transfer.
For Bank Transfer:
Bank Hapoalim 12
Ramat Hasharon Branch 630
Sokolov 90, Ramat Hsharon
Account number 16437
Name: Hakfar Hayarok Ltd.
Swift code: POALILIT
Clearing-house code: IL012630
To pay via Credit Card, please navigate to the our school’s website http://www.em-is.org and click the “Paypal” button in the lower left hand corner of the home page:
(Make sure to charge transfer costs to your account).
Please email us the conformation of the transaction : [email protected]
Please write your application no. on the transaction.
Please submit your application with plenty of time to avoid any problems. We try to be as flexible as possible and if you are late in applying we will do everything we can to welcome you into the EMIS family, so please do get in touch.
Application Form – if you want to apply for a place.
All documents must be submitted and the application fee paid before the application will be processed. We will, of course, be happy to answer any further questions which you may have about the school or the admissions procedure.
Thank you for your interest in Eastern Mediterranean International School.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Director of Admissions